Life with a whirlpool dishwasher is easy. Once it is available for use, you worry less about dirty dishes as all you need to do is get them into the dishwashing machine.
While a whirlpool dishwasher can save you time and energy, it is not without its challenges. Sometimes, users have to battle with error codes.
One of the most typical error codes encountered by users is the e2 f2 error code. If you find yourself in this situation, you can topple the problem.
This read gives you an insight into the concept of error codes in a Whirlpool dishwasher, what might be happening to your Whirlpool dishwasher when you encounter the e2 f2 error, and how to resolve it.
What Are Error Codes?
For starters, it Is vital to understand what an error code is.
An error code is a number that appears on display to indicate that you have made a particular mistake or that something has gone wrong in a program.
Several error codes regarding the Whirlpool dishwasher may pop up, pointing to different program glitches. The e2 f2 is just one of them, and it is our focus.
E2 / F2 Error Code: What Is The Cause?
Whenever you get an f2/ e2 error code, the main control board isn’t detecting the correct signal from the user interface (UI).
The user interface is the component of the dishwasher from which the user passes instructions to the device for prompt action.
F2 / E2 Error Code: The Way Out?
You’re going to need to open the door, flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner going down vertically.
Split the entry apart and ensure secure wire connections between the front interface and the main control board.
- Turn off the power/breaker.
- Remove screws holding the inner door line.
- Remove the liner and check, secure, and clean all wire connections from the front interface and main control board if necessary.
If all check looks good and it is still not working, the user interface is probably faulty and has to be changed.
F2 / E2 Error Code: Changing The User Interface
At this point, you need to pay attention to which model of Whirlpool dishwasher it is you are using.
It is essential as it will determine the user interface to buy for a replacement.
Any time you work on your appliance, make sure it’s unplugged. All those circuit breakers are off, so there is no chance of electrocution.
- Torque 15 screwdriver
- A flat-blade screwdriver
- A new user interface (one that is compatible with the Whirlpool dishwasher)
On purchasing a new user interface for your Whirlpool dishwasher to take care of the f1/f2 error, the package you’re going to get will consist of the following:
- A new electronic control board
- A control bracket
We now proceed correctly with the replacement process. For the sake of simplicity, this process will be in three stages.
Get it apart by separating the outer and the inner doors, opening the door, and using the “torque 15 screwdrivers” to remove the screws around the door’s perimeter (there are ten screws).
The four top screws are much longer than the side ones.
Separating The Damaged User Interface
The following are steps to take when separating a damaged interface:
- Put the exterior door aside so that you can accomplish this properly.
- Use the flat-bladed screwdriver to slide out the touch panel after pressing down the bracket behind the board to remove the two tabs.
- Slide the retainer clip out by depressing the tab.
- Use the flat-blade screwdriver to remove the control board from the rear mounting tabs by pushing it to the left.
Avoid scratching the stainless steel surface. Apply the flat-blade screwdriver to the harness plug to remove it from the control board.
Installing The New User Interface
- Open the tabs. The connecting cover should be removed by opening the control bracket. (This is the old electronic control board adjacent to the new one).
- Disconnect the harness connectors from the control board (don’t worry about the sequence; they are going back; they are all color-coded).
- Before replacing the control board, don’t forget to attach the connection cover and then connect the wire harness plugs according to a color code.
- Install the electronic control board after locking the bracket in place by aligning the rear tabs with the mounting panel’s cutouts.
- Install the retaining clip and lock it as the touchpad harness is inserted into the opening above the control board as you move it to the right to lock it in.
To lock the side caps and attach the little white plug, insert the locking pins at the bottom of the touch panel into the bracket’s slots and push forward.
Coupling The Device
- Bring the alternative door. Push the top in, slide the bottom over the tabs on either side, open the door, and tighten all 10 of the 15 screws.
- Close the door once you’ve finished, and the dishwasher will be in good working order.
- Take pleasure in your freshly cleaned dishes.
Have it at the back of your mind that you are changing the electronic control board, and it operates and controls all primary functions of the dishwasher.
The electronic control board would need to be replaced mainly if one or more parts stopped working.
To this end, you must get the specific detail of the exact model of the Whirlpool dishwasher you are using so as not to encounter compatibility issues.
When your Whirlpool dishwasher gives you the e2 f2 error code, you can remedy the situation by dismantling and checking if all vital components are working fine.
You might have to change the user interface if you still can’t detect an issue.
Replacing your Whirlpool dishwasher’s user interface to solve the e2 f2 error requires many technicalities. However, it will be simplified if you trail the following instructions.
You can expect the whole process to take a few minutes, and you will bring the dishwasher back to life and fit for use.