Cooking is an art for kitchen enthusiasts. When preparing a meal, they will take their sweet time, focusing on every little detail to ensure perfection.
And when it comes to cooking eggs, there are a million ideas to make them not only sweet but appetizing too.
An egg ring should be one of the tools for perfectly rounded eggs on your table. These are kitchen appliances designed to create perfectly round eggs.
Egg rings can either be stainless steel or silicone.
Today we are focusing on how to use silicone egg rings. Keep reading.
What Are Silicone Egg Rings?
Let’s start by looking at silicone egg rings and what makes them different from metal ones. These are the two main materials that make the rings.
Metal rings are much heavier, with the ability to cook eggs more evenly.
Due to their density, they keep eggs from spreading off the pan and losing their sound shape.
The biggest difference between metal and silicone egg rings is that metal rings require greasing. This keeps the eggs from sticking when you cool.
Silicone egg rings, on the other hand, don’t require any greasing. However, they may leak some eggs to the side, affecting the round shape of your omelet.
Learning to use silicone egg rings perfectly will help you avoid this issue. Luckily, there is no rocket science here.
How to Use Silicone Egg Rings
So, you want to cook perfectly round eggs, right? Well, there is nothing better to use than an egg ring.
These items are small, measuring around 3—inches in diameter. Most come with a handle that you can use when lifting or flipping your egg.
Here is a guide for those who have never used one before but would like to try it.
As the name suggests, egg rings are for preparing eggs. You can use different approaches to ensure your eggs come out perfectly.
Popular cooking methods include poached and sunny-side up, giving you incredible results.
For any process, you will need:
- A larger frying pan – preferably non-stick
- A silicone egg rings
- Flat spatula
Cooking Fried Eggs
Fried is the simplest to cook using the egg rings. Here are the steps:
- Turn on the stove burner to medium-low.
- Add a small amount of butter to the center of the burner and let it hit.
- Since you don’t need greasing when using silicone egg rings, go on and crack an egg in each ring. Or you can crack all the eggs in a glass bowl and pour in the rings. Ensure to do this as quickly as possible to avoid creating uneven shapes.
- Allow the eggs to cook until you have the desired results.
- Remove the egg rings.
- Remove the perfectly round eggs using a spatula.
You can use different methods of improving the test of your eggs – perhaps some seasoning. The idea is to make your eggs as amazing as possible.
Making Egg Patties
You can make breakfast sandwiches in a wide variety of ways. Eggs patties are among the popular ones, and they are very easy to make:
- Beat your eggs in a bowl until they are smooth and combined well. For those who like seasoning, this is the best time to do it. You may also add a little water or milk to your eggs as desired. Do this for each egg.
- Heat your pan on medium-low heat and set the rings in place. Be sure to add some oil to the pan.
- Pour each egg into a separate ring and allow it to cook for approximately seven minutes.
- Take off the egg rings and then the cooked eggs using a spatula,
- Create your sandwich using preferred ingredients and then serve to enjoy.
Egg rings make your breakfast more appealing. Try using different ideas to get the most from them.
It helps to be as creative as possible.
What Else Can You Make Using Silicone Egg Rings?
Although egg rings are originally designed for making round eggs, you can also use them for other ideas. Consider using the rings if you want anything to come out round and nice.
For instance, you can prepare some nice treats for a bunch of guests in your house. Let them have some frittatas or mini-omelets.
It’s all about bringing out the artist in you.
Consider these ideas too:
Shape Your Burger Patties
Do you want to create the best burger patties? Well, try using egg rings with your preferred ground meat; the results will be amazing.
You can prepare this meal for your guests, who will feel valued forever. It does not take much time or thinking to get the work done.
Follow the steps we have shared for making round eggs above. This time, however, the rings will be for cutting out the perfect shapes.
Make Some Amazing Appetizers
Are you looking for the perfect appetizers for your guests but don’t know where to start? Put your egg rings to work and give your guests some inspiration.
Take leftover salmon, sausage, or turkey and chop them finely. Place them inside the egg rings and let them take some heat before offering them as lunch or dinner appetizers.
One beautiful thing about such meals is that you don’t have to think too much. Also, there are several ways of serving – leave them whole or serve in wedges.
Mince Your Vegetables Finely
Nothing looks good on the table like fined minced zucchini, onion, pepper, and mushrooms, among other vegetables. Creating vegetarian patties and appetizers has never been this amazing.
The egg rings let you create beautiful and amazing vegetarian meals. Whether it’s for your own amusement or to serve your guests, there are endless ways of making this work.
The egg rings allow you to create perfectly round servings that you can place on the table and feel amazed. With such options, you can stretch your creativity to any level.
Top Tips for Using Egg Rings
Your kitchen does not have to be less exciting. Using egg rings is one way of adding some ‘fun’ and life to making food at home.
These tools have helped many people to change how they cook and try out some new ideas.
Consider these user tips the best from them:
- Take good care of your egg rings. For instance, if the rings have wooden handles, always keep the handle clean. Eggs can be hard to remove if they stick on the handle. It’s good that silicone egg rings don’t have such an issue, but the handles are not exclusive.
- You can choose different shapes for your egg rings. For instance, daisy-shaped egg rings create the perfect birthday breakfast.
- Try spaying an aerosol oil on your egg rings before using. This makes it easier to clean after-words.
- Never leave your eggs unattended when cooking. They cook fast and can quickly turn into a hazard.
- Before flipping the cooking eggs, remove the egg rings about halfway first, and then do it carefully.
You can use connected egg rings to cook more eggs at once. Be sure to get a large enough pan to accommodate them, though.
You are in control of what happens in your kitchen. You can do anything you want to bring out that perfect meal, like an artist working on a painting.
Having egg rings makes this even easier. We hope this article has helped, and now you can use your silicone egg rings well.
Let us know if you have any more ideas.