Most of us who love cooking know the common flaw with nonstick cookware.
Actually, they don’t last. This implies why you need quality cookware. Starfrit the rock is an ideal choice.
We’ll try to illustrate this in our Starfrit the rock review here.
Starfrit is among the well-known manufacturers, and they have an outstanding product in the market known as Starfrit The Rock 10-piece cookware.
Surprisingly, the manufacturers are striving to fix this big-let down. No wonder why they’re innovating and designing pans with excellent features.
That’s the only way they can keep up with competitors. More so, they retain reputation and remain appealing to their clients.
Does it last? And does it work? Actually, it does. Finally, what is its special feature? As an expert, I believe that this is the modern cookware set you require in your kitchen.
Our honest review below tries to answer all the questions questions you might be having.
What makes Starfrit The Rock set special is the cooking surface on their pans and pots. The manufacturer uses a patented surface enhancement tech called Rock.
The Tec gives the cookware’s cooking surface a rough texture thus resembling an orange peel or a rock.
Before we get further into the review, let’s check out their Starfrit 060319 10-piece cookware set. The following are the things included in this set.
- 11-inch deep frying pan with helper lid and handle
- 1 small saucepan with lid
- 2-quartz saucepan, lid included
- A large 3-quartz saucepan, lid included
- 6-quartz large stockpot, lid included
Product Description $ Features
Starfrit is offering its innovative design – durable and tough as a Rock. As you’d expect, this Starfrit cookware set should be fantastic. But everything is enhanced by smart features it comes with. If you’re scouring for top-notch cookware that will make you smile, grab this vessel.
Thick aluminum base & stable trim
First off, all the pieces are reinforced with a lightweight and thick aluminum base. In addition, this is backed with a stable rim. The thick base ensures effective heat distribution. On the other hand, the rims make these pots and pan more impact-resistant.
Lightweight construction with a rock-like finish and a sturdy feel makes it easy to handle. Keep in mind that aluminum conducts heat amazingly than some other options. Again, it awesomely responds to changes in temp quickly.
Also, it’s crafted with a two-layer coating. The feature suggests a high level of durability that you might be missing from other non-stick cookware. It’s, therefore, a great choice that offers more years of service.
Rock. Tec surface
Most importantly, the interior undertakes a patented manufacturing process. Hence, a Rock. Tec surface. But what is it? And why is it often associated with Starfrit cookware? Typically, it’s a special surface treatment that involves the use of tiny (small) metal pallets to strengthen the internal surface. As a result, the cookware gains a rocky-like feel when touched.
Abrasion & scratch resistant
While this adds extra needed steel to the cookware’s overall design, the interior surface is abrasion and scratch-resistant. In fact, its 40% more than competitors. It’s claimed to release food up to 3 times better as compared to traditional non-stick cookware.
Moreover, you’ll find a 3-coat non-stick system that’s PFOA-free. This boosts its sturdiness. Plus, The Rock is dishwasher safe. Nevertheless, it may become dull and discolor if you end up using strong detergents continuously. This may not affect its performance. But who would want the ugly-looking cookware? Nobody!
Well adapted & riveted handles
The handles are well adapted and riveted for easier handling and firm grip. Once you handle a pan or pot, it sticks but doesn’t slide off regardless of you’re the movement of your hands. The included lids are constructed with tempered glass.
To mention, the steam vent is situated at strategic locations. What surprises me is that you’ll presumably enjoy the most because nothing sticks to its surface. From durability to quality to maneuverability, the cookware is much better than what other non-stick sets have to offer
If you’ve come across a fair piece of Starfrit The Rock review write-ups, then you might have noticed several advantages of this cookware set. If you haven’t, we summarized for you.
- Pans and pots aren’t flimsy pieces. Starfrit The Rock 10-Piece is made of high-quality thick aluminum. This offers a non-stick surface that makes it perform great. Aluminum is durable and sturdy in nature. So, the cookware won’t wear off with time.
- The cookware doesn’t get chipped or sticky. In simple terms, your food won’t stick to the pan’s or pot’s surface when cooking. The PFOA-free means that you’ll cook without worrying about suspicious toxic chemicals leaching into your sauce.
- Since no food sticks to the surface, clean-up is quick and easy. You only spend minimal time to spark-clean your cookware. No need to put these vessels into the dishwasher. Whatsoever, the cookware is dishwasher safe.
- The nonstick coating never fades away easily and over time. Many reviewers have appreciated the non-stick cookware surface. They have raised bold claims that the surface remains intact even after 2-3 years of continued usage. This is superb because bot many non-stick pieces can offer this long shot. While this largely depends on maintenance, Starfrit The Rock set is worth the mention.
- The cookware is entirely and completely non-reactive. This suggests that you can use it to cool all kinds of food, including acid foods such as tomato sauce.
- The pans and pots are pretty lightweight, but sturdy. Thanks to the reinforced rims and forged thick base. This cookware probably will never warp.
- The cookware features tempered glass lids that ensure easy monitoring of food. While cooking, you don’t have to lift the lid.
One feature that’s debatable is the durability. The cookware can generally last long. However, it’s not guaranteed because longevity is highly influenced by maintenance and usage. It all depends on the handling manner.
- The bottom exterior is where a little messy can arise. The Starfrit Rock seems to have got this wrong. After sustained usage, the exterior bottom may deplete. You may not notice this early enough but as it deteriorates, it becomes visible. Eventually, you will look ugly.
- The use of extremely strong detergents can discolor the finish. So you’re recommended not to use such detergents continuously.
The quality is remarkable. Still, it comes with an affordable price. When well-maintained the cookware can belong to high-end class products. Anyway, these aren’t big let downs as such. For a standard kitchen in which most of us own, the model is a good fit.
Despite being among the best, if you’re considering crisp exterior designs and snug-fitting lids, then you’ve to break the bank for high-end cookware. But the Starfrit brand is perfect to get the job done.
Frequently Asked questions
With that said, let’s get deep into Starfrit The Rock Review by answering numerous questions. Maybe your burning question is just below here.
Is Starfrit The Rock Set safe?
It’s absolutely safe. Like we mentioned earlier, the 10-piece is PFOA-free. This suggests that the cookware is safe to use not only under normal cooking conditions but also at high temperatures. These pans and pots feature a non-stick coating. Thankfully, it’s a patented Rock.
Notably, the Rock cookware is completely non-reactive. With that, you can use it to cook all types of food, acidic foods included. This is an attribute that shows how safe it is.
Is Starfrit Rock good quality?
Starfrit comes out decently when it comes to quality. For one, it made of aluminum which is regarded as second to none. That’s why no food can stick to the surface. Apart from that, the material adds a mouth-watering finish and a nice feel. Next, it’s durable and convenient to handle.
Is Starfrit The Rock cookware dishwasher safe?
Technically, it’s safe to clean your cookware in the dishwasher. Though, this isn’t recommended. Over time, the shine finish may fade or greatly damaged. This leaves your pot or pan with stains.
You don’t need to use a dishwasher. The Rock cookware is easy to clean because of its non-stick feature. Warm water is enough. Just spare your few seconds and wipe over your appliance in hot water.
Can Starfrit The Rock withstand high temperatures?
You don’t need to. The cookware is well-crafted to distribute the heat to the entire cooking surface. Low and medium temps are sufficient to achieve your desired results.
Is Starfrit Cookware oven-safe?
Of course, it is. One thing that you need to tackle carefully is handles. Obviously, they’ll get hot. That’s tells you to invest in oven gloves. It’s capable of withstanding the temps up to 375°F and 450°F with its lids and without respectively.
Wrapping Things Up
No doubt, our Starfrit The Rock Review has given limelight of quality cookware you need. Now your mind should be at ease.
Starting from nice finish, non-stick, durability, and safety, the pans and pots are unquestionable. Knowing that the vessels are healthy is convincing.
Hats off to Starfrit. They have designed models that satisfy kitchen needs. You’ve a reason to be a professional cook or chef. And at an affordable price, it’s you change and add this cookware in the cart.